Joan, Ronlin and I
(note: Joan's shirt says: eat, sleep, poop)
This is my last blog as a Dell'Arte student...for now. HOWEVER...i am going to keep this blog going. We were given book lists from the school as well as Ronlin on the last day. I plan on reading as many as i can and then writing about it! I am also going to chronicle the journey (at least as much as I can) of an aspiring actor/poet/creator.
SO, now I am just going to write about the topics discussed at our last gathering.
- Take away the pressure of tryng to succeed.
- Do not direct yourself, but BE it.
- The theatre is all physical. It is all movement.
- When you live outside of your own habits, the more transformable you become.
- ACTION IS IN THE PLAY.
- Enter the body of the character and be surprised by the play/intentions of the character.
I miss every single one of my classmates. This experience was truly once in a lifetime. Every single person in the group was an integral part of shaping the workshop experience. I hope to work and create with you all in the future.