Sunday, June 26, 2011

Travel Day

Today was my day of traveling. Since my flight left at 6:02 AM, I didn't get much sleep last night. I stayed up all night and packed and snuggled with my dog and packed. I had to do a lot of juggling with my luggage. Since food isn't provided (for the most part)  I brought some food with me, we were also encouraged to bring our own bedding and I CANNOT for the life of me pack light, so I had to figure out where i could put my stuff to avoid being over the 50lb weight restriction. This was extremely frustrating, but after going through about seven different luggage/packing combinations, I got it squared away and I was off!

O'Hare at 4 AM is interesting. Everyone is grumpy and groggy and yelling at each other. So I just popped a Dramamine and dozed off on the plane for a couple hours. I think the couple next to me on the plane were newly weds heading to their honeymoon OR SOMETHING because they were super snuggly and kissy and huggy and cute and blegh. I had a quick layover in San Fran and took a tiny jet to Arcata Airport which is several miles outside of Blue Lake. Overall it was a very smooth flight AND I got a free refill on my drink!

tiny little plane
view from the plane

another view: LOOK AT ALL THAT SNOW!!!
I FINALLY MADE IT TO DELL'ARTE! The town of Blue Lake is itty bitty at best. It is super adorable. It has two bars, a B&B, hot dog/burger place and a thrift store. And that is pretty much it. But it is super pretty! A river  runs through the town and there is a nice little beach you can go to and relax.

THE FRONT DOOR!
The building I am staying in is called The Hotel. It is completely furnished including utensils and pots and pans. It has about 8ish rooms, two bathrooms (each with a shower) and a big kitchen.   




Here is tour of my room. Is is way different than the cabin I stayed in last summer.
One of the first things I did when I got here, was go to the beach.

Welp, that is all for now. I have orientation tomorrow morning and class! Woo! Look out for a blog tomorrow!

Weather: 68degrees - clear skies

No comments:

Post a Comment